Saturday 22 January 2011

How will I use my research in my production?

From the research I have carried out while studying period drama, I have discovered the conventions of period drama including the stereotypical characters, the elaborate locations and sets and the type of music that appears within such productions.

We plan to use these conventions within 'Devotion', yet make it appealing for a modern audience.  I will do this by using styled shots and editing that will make the film engaging and interesting to watch.  Quick cuts and stylish colour schemes, and shots such as the tracking shot through the house of the Bennet's in 'Pride and Prejudice' (2005).  I plan to make each shot like a picture, similar to the Director, Tim Burton.  I have watched much of his work, and feel that each of the shots he produces look like  piece of art.   From watching the opening sequence of 'Pride and Prejudice' (2005)  I feel that the same theory is used, and have the same effect on the audience.  I feel this is effective in engaging a modern audience visually.



(Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland [2010]:  I feel this clip is a great example of how Tim Burton works.  Each shot is visually engaging, because of the use of extravagant colours.)

No comments:

Post a Comment